RDPUser

Grafana package from apt install grafana not working

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:44 pm

On Pi 1 I tried to compile grafana by myself, but then couldn't go on. So I removed completely and then installed via sudo apt install grafana Now accessing IP:3000 redirects to IP:3000/login but gives a dark gray page

Then I thought maybe I have something broken my building it from scratch, so I got to a RPI 3 and also did sudo apt intstall grafana but here the exact same problem, only dark gray screen.

On Pi 1 syslog gives

Code: Select all

"GET /public/vendor/jquery/dist/jquery.js HTTP/1.1" 404 Not Found 2189 bytes in 13201us
/var/log/grafana/grafana.log does not exist

Is there an easy way to completely revert any settings done by manual compiling and force an override of all previous settings done? After installing I did a sudo dpkg-reconfigure grafana, but behaviour stayed the same.

On Pi 3 syslog even stays empty after directly accessing IP:3000/login /var/log/grafana/grafana.log shows no errors

RDPUser

Re: Grafana package from apt install grafana not working

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:01 pm

Tried even on a Pi Zero W freshly setup with sudo apt install grafana
Only empty login-page like on the other RPis. Can someone verify this bug, please?

neilgl

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Yes that does happen i.e. grey screen. Looks like the angular.js and draganddrop.js have some errors - at least on my Firefox Console they do. That may explain why no errors show up on the server (pi) - the errors are in the browser javascript.

Also, that version is way out of date - they are at version 5.4.3 (armhf) now.
If you install it using the method they give (after removing existing old grafana) it works i.e. add repository to apt sources to apt and get key etc.
http://docs.grafana.org/installation/de ... repository

RDPUser

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:12 pm

It seems the official grafana repositories don't support ARMv6. Trying to run outputs

Code: Select all

Ungültiger Maschinenbefehl
Meaning invalid machine instruction. I think its wrong instruction set, so using the official grafana repositories is no help for Raspberry PI Zero (W) und first generation. Who can fix this bug in the official binaries?

neilgl

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:34 am

Is it working ok on your RPI 3?

RDPUser

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Yeah, on RPi 3 works perfect.

rohtua

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi I've installed Grafana succesfully but I'm not getting any data through. I'm using InfluxDB as a data source on another pi and have it set and when i link it to Grafana I get a no data points error and looking at InfluxDB I'm not getting any logs generated in /var/log/influxd all I seem to be able to do is view tags.

Return to “Troubleshooting”