HawaiianPi

Re: SSD doesn't boot

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:55 am

Yotaphoner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:33 pm
And I can't configure the VNC server with the eInk monitor because I need the VNC server to use the eInk monitor ;)
If the eInk display runs on Android, you can use an Android SSH app to login to the Pi and enable VNC.

So unless I have misunderstood something from your previous post:
Yotaphoner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:34 pm
I have a 10" eInk with android which is my screen, via VNC.
It should be possible.

The initial difficulty would be writing the OS image (which I believe you've already done). To enable SSH, create a file named "ssh" (or ssh.txt) on the small FAT32 "boot" partition. If you need to connect to a wireless network, also add a valid wpa_supplicant.conf file (ask for help with this).

From here on you should be able to use your Android eInk display.
  1. Boot up your Pi with the card or USB drive you created (no keyboard or screen needed).
  2. Use an Android SSH app to login to your headless Pi shell (command line).
  3. Launch the Raspbian configuration utility with sudo raspi-config and change the default password for security.
  4. In the raspi-config utility you can enable the VNC server, and also configure location, language, timezone, etc.
  5. When done with raspi-config, reboot (it may prompt you to do that).
  6. Connect to the Raspberry Pi desktop using VNC.

SSH logins would need the IP address of your Pi, but so does VNC, so that should be something you are already aware of (ask if you need help with this as well). If you have access to your local router or gateway configuration, you can reserve the IP address so it will always be the same.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

Yotaphoner

Re: SSD doesn't boot

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 am

I can watch at a screen if its only for some second, or wearing sun glasses I can resist some more time. The point is to not be 30min looking at it.

I dont know if tomorrow I will have time, but if not I will try what you said past tomorrow.

Thanks for the help

Return to “Troubleshooting”