spookiestevie

Network error: software caused connection abort

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi, I am using a raspberry pi b+ via an Ethernet connection running headless raspbian stretch lite. I am trying to install basic dependencies as seen in the image link. When i try to run them, my ssh connection constantly aborts and this has become really frustrating.
https://gyazo.com/4a8c0c8e9e5109d066fb7d6503a75589

Do I have a bad pi? I pretty much can't do anything without putty disconnecting and then i have to start from scratch.

Any help would be amazing thanks...

pcmanbob

Re: Network error: software caused connection abort

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:36 am

Hi.

So is this a new build of raspbian stretch or one you have been using for a while ?

I would suggest you download a fresh copy of raspbian stretch lite and flash it on to another SD card, then without making any changes ( apart from activating ssh ) try running the same commands on the fresh copy.
If it works then you have a problem with the OS installed on the first SD card, if it gives the same results then I would suspect the pi, but that is unlikely as your pi is booting successfully.
Last edited by pcmanbob on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

n67

Re: Network error: software caused connection abort

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:06 pm

In my experience, this tends to happen when you have two machines on the network (LAN) with the same hostname. I.e., if you forget to change the hostname of a newly setup Raspberry Pi.
"L'enfer, c'est les autres"

G fytc hsqr rum umpbq rm qyw rm rfc kmbq md rfgq dmpsk:

Epmu Sn!

J lnacjrw njbruh-carppnanm vxm rb mnuncrwp vh yxbcb!

Return to “Troubleshooting”