LTolledo

Re: Problem with GPIO pins

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 am

If you are still able to boot the RPi3B, how about re-tasking it to be an alternative desktop PC or a media player.

at least you'll still have some good use for it. :D
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

Z80 Refugee

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 am

You can't kill an I/O pin just by controlling a different one, there has to have been an incorrect physical connection.

Now, if I might digress, I don't understand this WiringPi numbering business. For my Forth tutorial I use WiringPi for the GPIO control, and I had no trouble using pin assignments as per the GPIO (BCM) numbering. If the numbering had been as per that link in gordon77's post, it wouldn't have worked. Somebody please explain.

Beginners Guide to Wiring Things to the GPIO

Installing and Using Forth on the RPi
Military and Automotive Electronics Design Engineer (retired)

For the best service: make your thread title properly descriptive, and put all relevant details in the first post (including links - don't make us search)!

DavidAtanasoski

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 am

Z80 Refugee wrote: You can't kill an I/O pin just by controlling a different one, there has to have been an incorrect physical connection.

Now, if I might digress, I don't understand this WiringPi numbering business. For my Forth tutorial I use WiringPi for the GPIO control, and I had no trouble using pin assignments as per the GPIO (BCM) numbering. If the numbering had been as per that link in gordon77's post, it wouldn't have worked. Somebody please explain.

Beginners Guide to Wiring Things to the GPIO

Installing and Using Forth on the RPi
I rewired everything according to gordon77's link and now everything works OK.
Enthusiast.

DavidAtanasoski

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:09 pm

This is not right... I ran the * gpiotest * today again, just to be sure again ( because I can not reconcile that 4 GPIO's doesn't work anymore ). And for surprise when I ran it again, there was + 1 GPIO that don't work. I didn't play with raspberry in the last 2 days ( actually since I've made the first gpiotest). This is insane.
Enthusiast.

Return to “Troubleshooting”