DarkPlatinum

SD card copier application

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi, today I've tried to make a clone of my raspberry pi image from a 32 GB SD card to a 64 GB sandisk USB. As the program is writing partitions, the second stage, the loading bar stops moving. When I click on the application bar, the whole system locks up. Only the mouse cursor can be moved. CTRL ALT DEL does not work. Neither does the GUI interface. How do I copy the SD card to the USB drive?

FYI, I only have raspberry pi 3 as Linux. Over locked at 1.36 ghz. 120mb Gpu split. I also have a Mac.
1 * Raspberry Pi Zero W, 1 * Raspberry Pi 2, 1 * Raspberry Pi 3 1 * Raspberry Pi 3B + :mrgreen:

Check Out My Raspberry Site (Run on a Raspberry Pi 3B :) ): https://html.dynu.net

klricks

Re: SD card copier application

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:50 am

DarkPlatinum wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:16 pm
Hi, today I've tried to make a clone of my raspberry pi image from a 32 GB SD card to a 64 GB sandisk USB. As the program is writing partitions, the second stage, the loading bar stops moving. When I click on the application bar, the whole system locks up. Only the mouse cursor can be moved. CTRL ALT DEL does not work. Neither does the GUI interface. How do I copy the SD card to the USB drive?

FYI, I only have raspberry pi 3 as Linux. Over locked at 1.36 ghz. 120mb Gpu split. I also have a Mac.
Remove the OC and try again. Hopefully the original SD card has not been trashed already. No amount of OC is guaranteed to work especially on a RPi 3B.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

DarkPlatinum

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:23 am

I'll have to reformat it on my Mac later today as my raspberry pi can't seem to reformat it. I've been using the 1.36 ghz over clock for sometime so I'll take your suggestion of removing it and trying again. :D
1 * Raspberry Pi Zero W, 1 * Raspberry Pi 2, 1 * Raspberry Pi 3 1 * Raspberry Pi 3B + :mrgreen:

Check Out My Raspberry Site (Run on a Raspberry Pi 3B :) ): https://html.dynu.net

B.Goode

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 am

Two things you have said suggest you might have a failing, faulty or fake 64Gb microSD card.

Perhaps consider using one of the well-known microSD card hardware testers, to ensure that the card really has a working capacity that corresponds with its claimed size.

DarkPlatinum

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:53 am

1. Its a 64GB USB sandisk

2. Bought from yesterday.

3. Reformatted USB with raspberry pi linux application and clocked pi at 1.2 Ghz.

4. Clone program worked fully :D

Return to “Troubleshooting”