Golder

Raspberry pi 3 b+ red light flash

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:44 pm

HI, so I am having a problem with my new RPI3b+, it worked a few days normally but then (after a few days inactive) I tried installing recallbox (with etcher on ubuntu 17.10) to play games, but I wouldn't boot (red light flashing, no green light). So I thought it might be a power supply issue, so I went to my local Radioshack-like store and bought a 5V 3A power supply that has a short thick cable (so no cable / undepower issue), and I am still having this problem. I checked the voltage near the power regulator next to the micro-usb port, and I saw 5.5V and 3.5V, so is my pi overpowered now? The old charger showed 5.05V a 3.29V so it should've still worked... Do you think I have a deffictive unit now? Help me please

MaxVMH

Re: Raspberry pi 3 b+ red light flash

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Have you tried re-formatting your SD-card with the latest Raspbian release?
Webserver stack: 2x Pi 3B | 1x Pi 3B+ ||| Pi Zero W for fooling around

Working on a soccer prediction web app:
https://github.com/MaxVMH/mijnscore
Attempt at writing up-to-date tutorials on making a Raspberry Pi webserver:
http://blog.mijnscore.be/

Golder

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Nevermind I fixed think my OS version was not made for the 3b+. If you are having this issue, beware that the red led flash might not come from a power issue but an os compatibility issue.

Florisjan

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Golder wrote: Nevermind I fixed think my OS version was not made for the 3b+. If you are having this issue, beware that the red led flash might not come from a power issue but an os compatibility issue.
I second this. This is important information and should be more easy to find. Put a sticker on the box like 'upgrade raspbian first'.

Return to “Troubleshooting”