Frederk

Drop down menus not working in chromium

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:47 pm

If click a drop down menu in the chromium browser nothing happens or it just flashes for a moment. Any help on what might be wrong? Thanks.

Frederk

Re: Drop down menus not working in chromium

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 pm

I hope this is just a bug and that it gets fixed soon.

spointer

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:09 am

We are experiencing the same problem with Chromium. When the drop down(select) is selected using a mouse, the window gains focus and recognizes a click, before briefly displaying an 'X' and failing to open the drop down. Very occasionally and without correlation to any event, the drop down will open. It seems to be related to the event handling in the current Chromium version. Works fine on late desktop versions of Chrome and Firefox.
Distribution: Raspbian Stretch
Browser: Chromium 60.0.3112.89
Server: Nginx 1.10.3
Hardware: Pi3 Model B V 1.2, Pi2 Model B V 1.2, Pi2 Model B V 1.1.

spointer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Got it working by reverting to chromium-l10n-57.0.2987.98_1_deb8ul_all.deb.
Removed 'incognito' from startup options.
The following script or some variation will fix error dialogs when not running in 'incognito' mode.
#!/bin/bash
CrProfile="Default"
CrDir="/home/pi"
sed -i 's/"exited_cleanly":false/"exited_cleanly":true/' $CrDir/.config/chromium/$CrProfile/Preferences
sed -i 's/"exit_type":"Crashed"/"exit_type":"Normal"/' $CrDir/.config/chromium/$CrProfile/Preferences
sed -i 's/"exited_cleanly":false/"exited_cleanly":true/' $CrDir/.config/chromium/"Local State"
rm -rf $CrDir/.config/chromium/SingletonLock*

The real fix is probably buried in one of the chromium configuration options, but, I can't find it.
In any event, a sane set of default configuration options should be provided by the developers that don't break the drop down boxes.

Return to “Troubleshooting”