JayinHouston

SD Card Copier

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm

I cannot copy the SD card. Every time I try, I get the error, "Could not create partition". Could somebody please let me know what I'm doing wrong? Thank you.
Raspberry Pi 3B running Raspian Jessie. Smarticase with Raspberry Pi Official 7" Touchscreen.
Houston, TX USA

DougieLawson

Re: SD Card Copier

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Since we don't know what you're trying it is next to impossible to tell you what's wrong as most of our crystal balls went offline in the "Great Crystal Ball Disaster" of 1989.

The Raspbian GUI has a "piclone" program that should do what you want.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

JayinHouston

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:29 pm

DougieLawson wrote:Since we don't know what you're trying it is next to impossible to tell you what's wrong as most of our crystal balls went offline in the "Great Crystal Ball Disaster" of 1989.

Lol, you'll have to pardon me, I'm a noob. I think I found my problem. The SD card was not formatted :oops:
Raspberry Pi 3B running Raspian Jessie. Smarticase with Raspberry Pi Official 7" Touchscreen.
Houston, TX USA

The Monkey

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:28 pm

JayinHouston wrote:
DougieLawson wrote:Since we don't know what you're trying it is next to impossible to tell you what's wrong as most of our crystal balls went offline in the "Great Crystal Ball Disaster" of 1989.

Lol, you'll have to pardon me, I'm a noob. I think I found my problem. The SD card was not formatted :oops:
I had this same problem around a year ago. Spent an entire hour googling it before I found out to format it.

Return to “Troubleshooting”