docteur.blanchard

Overclocking doesn't work

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:00 am

Dear all,

I downloaded and flashed on sd the latest distro of 18th September that is supposed to propose the overclocking on raspi-config.

I only need to increase the CPU speed, only calculations. I don't use any graphical applications.

I tried all proposals and after reboots, the board continues to be set at 700 Mhz
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

So questions are :
a. Does the board apply an automatic update of frequency till the limit when applications needs?

b. How to be sure that the board speed is to the value that we configured on the raspi-config?

c. Do you think that if i increase the freq, it will be some good impacts on the TCPIP commutations on the network card ?

Thanks for your answers

malakai

Re: Overclocking doesn't work

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:33 am

That command only shows what the processor is currently sitting at. I clicked a web link in the forum and had a terminal ready to go quickly as the page was loading i ran it and my CPU went from 750 to 950 I wish it would bench mark maybe a low - average - high to show what it can get up to also the widget is the same way as it is basically the same script.
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

docteur.blanchard

Re: Overclocking doesn't work

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:37 am

I see, so this new feature updates the clock when applications need. It is kool concept

Thanks it is more clear now ;-)

Return to “Troubleshooting”