RockMachine
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Italy

keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi, when I connect my mouse and my keyboard (I also try with a lot of mouse and keyboard) in my USB Hub (with external power) they not work but when I connect them in the rpi port all work great!
My usb hub work with all usb key so I think that this isn't the problem.

RockMachine
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Italy

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Can anyone help me?

User avatar
RaTTuS
Posts: 10381
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am
Location: North West UK

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:36 pm

boot Rpi
plug keyboard into rpi
plug Ethernet into rpi
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo sync
sudo shutdown -r now
login
sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog
unplug keyboard
plugin HUB
plugin keyboard
plugin mouse
what does the display say ?
what made and model of
keyboard
mouse
hub
raspberry power supply
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

User avatar
pmj1979
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:38 pm

There is a list of devices that have been tested by users and put on the wiki at http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeriphera ... d_USB_Hubs

It might be that your hub is one with a known problem.

Peter
Pi from Element14 (still not got the first Pi from RS :( )
Rev2 board | Belkin 7Port powered hub | ASUS N10 WiFi | Logitech Wired Mouse | Behavior Tech Wired KB

elatllat
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:30 pm

SBC with 32GB RAM: https://hardkernel.com

FAQ : https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com

Unanswered: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/search.php?search_id=unanswered

RockMachine
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Italy

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 pm

pmj1979 wrote:There is a list of devices that have been tested by users and put on the wiki at http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeriphera ... d_USB_Hubs

It might be that your hub is one with a known problem.

Peter
This is the model of my Hub: LogiLink UA0091.
You can find it in the list of Verified Peripherals :D

RockMachine
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Italy

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:09 pm

RaTTuS wrote:boot Rpi
plug keyboard into rpi
plug Ethernet into rpi
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo sync
sudo shutdown -r now
login
sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog
unplug keyboard
plugin HUB
plugin keyboard
plugin mouse
what does the display say ?
what made and model of
keyboard
mouse
hub
raspberry power supply
The display said: http://uptiki.altervista.org/viewer.php ... sbmxe5.jpg
My keyboard is: Ltd GEMBIRD Flexible keyboard KB-109F-B-DE
My hub is: SHINTEK optic mouse
My hub is: LogiLink UA0091
My raspberry power supply is: RS Components power supply (bought with rpi) model: HNP06-050

User avatar
mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:19 am
Location: South Holland, The Netherlands

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:31 pm

if the keyboard/mouse works directly on the PI, they should be fine for use with a PI, and the PI's USB logic obviously works, therefore I suspect the hub.

But I also have to say that the rubber keyboard with PS/2 & USB is a bit suspect, not all of these keyboards work well with the PI.

RockMachine
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Italy

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:48 pm

mahjongg wrote:if the keyboard/mouse works directly on the PI, they should be fine for use with a PI, and the PI's USB logic obviously works, therefore I suspect the hub.

But I also have to say that the rubber keyboard with PS/2 & USB is a bit suspect, not all of these keyboards work well with the PI.
My keyboard is only USB, but in the box of sale there is an usb/ps2 adaptor.
However tomorrow I try with another keyboard

User avatar
RaTTuS
Posts: 10381
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am
Location: North West UK

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:04 am

does the keyboard have a usb hub n it?
does it work without the mouse
see if you cna plug one thing in at a time to try and elimiate problems
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

RockMachine
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Italy

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:12 pm

RaTTuS wrote:does the keyboard have a usb hub n it?
does it work without the mouse
see if you cna plug one thing in at a time to try and elimiate problems
No, keyboard haven't got hub on it.
No, if keyboard is connect to hub without mouse don't work.
No, if I plug one thing in a time mouse and keyboard don't work.

Noki
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: keyboard and mouse connect in the hub not work

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi!

I thought about buying a LogiLink UA0091 USB 3.0 Hub as well. Were you able to solve your Problems? And can the UA0091 be used to power the Pi directly instead of using an additional powersupply?

Regards
Tobias

Return to “Troubleshooting”