stefanv

Re: RPi3 Bluetooth and Wifi don't play well together

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:58 am

I eventually gave up trying to get two Bluetooth devices and the WiFi working simultaneously with my Pi tablet's built-in Bluetooth, and hardwired in a compact USB Bluetooth adapter. They are literally the size of a fingernail when removed from their case, and take up almost no room.
bluetooth2a_sm.jpg
bluetooth2a_sm.jpg (200.59 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Stefan Vorkoetter: Programmer, hobbyist, amateur watchmaker, pilot, and collector of fountain pens, slide rules, calculators, and watches.

Line40

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi all,

is there really no solution to this issue but to either use some DYI hardware or a separate BT dongle? I bought the PI especially for that purpose, WIFI + Bluetooth for some presence detection/beacon for my home, only to find out on my own that there's something wrong WIFI+BT and then by accident finding this thread while searching for a solution.

Is there nowhere to report an Issue like that so the Devs can look into this? Why is it not prominently stated in idk Wikipedia, the blog or on the homepage as "Known issue".

I'm really infuriated, this device is sold millions of times and no one, especially no "official" cares that it has a crippling issue like this?

Cheers

Line40

stefanv

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Perhaps the new Pi 3B+ fixes this issue. Does anyone know?
Stefan Vorkoetter: Programmer, hobbyist, amateur watchmaker, pilot, and collector of fountain pens, slide rules, calculators, and watches.

dl7vea

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:30 am

I recently bought a new Pi 3B+. And I must say: I connected a Bluetooth keyboard and have the same problems as described here in the topic.

I haven't yet investigated it further (disable WiFi, trying Bluetooth dongle etc.) but the desciption I read here is fitting 100% what I've seen in my case.

So @stefanv - that seems to be the answer to your question.

Best regards

MaDPaPo

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi all
Also on my RPI 3B the BT+WIFI problem appears.

From some days I activated a service that:
  • Bring up hci0 device - command: hciconfig hci0 up
  • Perform a BLE scan
  • Bring down hci0 device - command: hciconfig hci0 down
This service is running while the RPI is running hostapd.
After 12h ca., in the dmesg I find line like this:

Code: Select all

brcmfmac: brcmf_netdev_wait_pend8021x: Timed out waiting for no pending 802.1x packets
It happens every 10 minutes (and 10 minutes is the BLE scanning timer).
Where to report the bug?

Return to “Troubleshooting”