DivinorumKIA

problem installing iceweasel

Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Hello,

I have a serious headache :( .. after many many hours of reading literally hundreds of Posts and watching many YouTube Videos.. I am unable to install iceweasel browser on raspbian. I have done EVERYTHING correctly and follow all instructions to the Point.. and yet nothing seems to work :( ,,, I am constantly recieving this message after writing "sudo apt-get install iceweasel" ALL i get is this: " missing destination operand after 'iceweasel' "
I have tried many many hours and hundreds of Posts to try and solve this .. yert nothing is clear and nothing seems to work.

Why is it always saying Missing Destination Operand? everything I do is exactly as displayed and Looks on YouTube cideos and I follow instructions as described.. but NOTHING is working .. I am unable to install any apps on raspbian :( WHAT A HEADACE!! :(

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

DivinorumKIA

Re: problem installing iceweasel

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:50 pm

I have finally figured it out!! it was just a root issue.. (I just entered: "sudo -i" and then was fine..

BUT NOW! I am unable to install the "iceweasel" browser.. it is constantly saying "FAILED TO FETCH ARCHIVE"

it starts instakll but does not complete.. I have changed many Settings after reading many many Posts about this.. and still NOTHING WORKS :(

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN (IN DETAILS-like exactly what to type and where)

I am having a very very bad day with this Raspberry Pi 2 :( NOTHING WORKS AND TAKES LIKE A SUPER GENIUS WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TO EVEN GET ANYTHING OVING HERE) What a disaster :( Why do they have to make things so complivated and not just work right out of the box?

I just dont get it all.. this is such a disaster and has consumed my entire day so far with no results..

ALL I WANT TO DO IS INSTALL A SIMPLE BROWSER "iceweasel" THAT IS ALL.. BUT YOU MUST BE A BRAIN SURGEON TO EVEN GET ANYTHING DONE ON THIS DEVICE.

:( I am at my end .. and am now giving up completely on this raspberry pi.. what a waist of a day.. for absolutely nothing...

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I Need to get this iceweasel installed.. and nothing seems to work at all.. regardless of the hours spent researching this and reading and following instructions from hundreds of Posts..

THE END :(

fruitoftheloom

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:59 pm

On a fresh install of Standalone Raspbian Wheezy or Jessie, after expanding file system and configuring to suit

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo reboot

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install iceweasel
This works for me..... ;)
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

rjpearso

Mon May 09, 2016 12:48 am

I have no idea why this worked but I was having the same problem. It would not install iceweasel. I changed preferences to my location (US) and set time zone and Keyboard. I then restarted. I then did Sudo apt-get update and apt-get dist upgrade then apt-get install iceweasel and it worked...

Return to “Troubleshooting”