Schnell

rPi Transfers over SSH stop working after a while

Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm using retropi v3.0 and I'm transferring my roms over via the local wifi. I am using a wifi stick that works in my older Pi Model B and after a certain amount of files transferred or time or something, it stops transferring in filezilla and slows right down. Fillezilla will generally say something about 20 seconds of inactivity and that software aborted the transfer. Right now it's reconnected itself and it's transferring at 5.6 KB/s. I could see this being a power issue, and I'm using a 1.8 amp phone charging(the one that came with my G4). If you need anymore info just ask and I'll go find it and post it.

Thank you.

Schnell

Re: rPi Transfers over SSH stop working after a while

Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:54 pm

Here is the output from filezilla when it stops working

Code: Select all

Network error: Software caused connection abort
Error:	File transfer failed after transferring 753,664 bytes in 19 seconds
Response:	fzSftp started, protocol_version=3
Command:	open "pi@192.168.0.7" 22
Error:	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:	Could not connect to server
Status:	Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...

Schnell

Re: rPi Transfers over SSH stop working after a while

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Some more info. I also can't SSH in via putty. I'm running Retropie. The CPU and GPU temps are 50-60C, I think thats hot but I don't know in terms of the rPi. I also have a heatsink on but I don't think it's a good one(just appears to have 3m adhesive on the back). I don't know if this would lead it to not be able to transfer things or connect via SSH.

Return to “Troubleshooting”