digaly

PI failing to boot after reboot

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi, I normally don't turn to forums but I'm pretty desperate to figure this one out.

Two days ago my Raspberry PI 2 model B had arrived.

It has worked fine until I had installed the freenect library and rebooted.
It gets stuck on boot at A start job is running for LSB: Raise network interfaces. (9min / no limit)
Eventually the screen will just turn black and nothing will happen.

After this occurred I went into rescue mode, and was surprised to discover the second partition had zero-length and was seemingly corrupt. I could not mount it and no amount of partition fixing solutions for linux did the trick. After a long drag of trying to get it mounted or fixing it I eventually just wiped it and restarted.

I went ahead and formatted the SD card, reinstalled Raspbian, installed tightvncserver and x11vnc. Then I rebooted to help get me the static IP address assigned by the router (because releasing it didn't work for whatever reason). And then I get the same thing again. It just gets stuck on A start job is running for LSB: Raise network interfaces. (9min / no limit).

Mind you I don't think the static IP is to blame because I had a working setup with it for two days, until I installed freenect.
After installing freenect I rebooted.. then it got stuck on raising network interfaces. I had pulled the power, which I assume corrupted the filesystem.

So yeah, this has happened twice now, I'd really like to know what's causing it.

I use a 32GB sdhc micro SD card.

cresfang

Re: PI failing to boot after reboot

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:33 pm

I got same problem as this.... even on fresh install....
Raspberry Pi 3

Return to “Troubleshooting”