damzil1991

Screen upside down in official case. Viewing angle advice

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been covered... I used the rotation fix which worked... but now the viewing angle is horrible!

I just bought the screen a week ago from PI hut and worked out the box all put together for me. But after putting in the case i noticed the screen was displaying upside down. I fixed it as i said but on the angle it should be i can barely see a thing. put it in the same angle upside down and boom. Sharp and crisp and clear. Is this a faulty display from them or a design issue? Awaiting response from Pi hut on ebay but was hoping you guys had an answer and if this is the same for everyone or just a batch recently made?

Thanks!

rpdom

Re: Screen upside down in official case. Viewing angle advice

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:56 am

It's a design issue. It wasn't until after the display was released that someone realised that it was upside down.This meant the viewing angle was not quite as good as it could be. The drivers were changed to turn the picture round so the display could be used the right way up, but by then all the cases had been designed and produced. Hence the need for a fix to turn the picture back round the other way if the display is used in one of the standard cases.

ScoobySnacks

Re: Screen upside down in official case. Viewing angle advice

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Are there any cases around that mount the screen the right way up yet?

Return to “Official Foundation Display”