Litterbox

Do they make an adapter for this?

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:06 pm

I salvaged a led screen and it has this 26 pin connector. I tried and it doesn't line up with the display port on the pi. Any idea how I can get this thing to work?

fruitoftheloom

Re: Do they make an adapter for this?

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Litterbox wrote:I salvaged a led screen and it has this 26 pin connector. I tried and it doesn't line up with the display port on the pi. Any idea how I can get this thing to work?
Extremely unlikely unless you find a Convertor Board ;)
Retired disgracefully.....

Litterbox

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Thanks. At least I won't waste time on it now.

:)

DougieLawson

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:46 pm

You'll need a LVDS to HDMI adapter if you can find one for your screen. Or, more likely, you'll need a more compatible screen.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

stderr

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Litterbox wrote:Thanks. At least I won't waste time on it now.
There is more to it, right? I mean there's the other parts that pretty much end in a VGA connector that you could attach back on and you'd have an LCD panel that you could plug into a VGA output. There is an adapter for that for the pi.

klricks

Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:18 am

Litterbox wrote:I salvaged a led screen and it has this 26 pin connector. I tried and it doesn't line up with the display port on the pi. Any idea how I can get this thing to work?
I would like to set straight the misconception that if the pin count and pin spacing of connectors on 2 random devices seem to match up, then they must be compatible ....... OR if I could just find some pin to pin adapter then it will work..........
NO! The 2 devices have to be designed from the start to work together... If not then even if the pins did line up you would run the risk of destroying the RPi or screen or both ......
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”