EatMyRasperryPi

Windows and Raspbian Keyboard - mouse sharing

Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:39 pm

Hello This might not be the right place to add this but its main focus is on the 7inch Display

My main goal is to control both Windows 10 PC and Raspbian Jessie with 7inch touchscreen with only one keyboard and mouse. My main Windows 10 Monitor above the Raspberry pi Touchscreen on my office desk.

I havent tried any Keyboard and Mouse sharing programs just yet.
Ive researched for some infomation about it, but most are outadated articles. and most softwares are not updated regularly.

I hope anyone in the community has a good setup of something similar to this, Thanks :D

JimmyN

Re: Windows and Raspbian Keyboard - mouse sharing

Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:59 pm

I use Synergy, it works great. But I have several PC's at my desk so I use Synergy anyway.

For the RPi with the touchscreen I don't start it automatically though as you normally would. Since it's "portable" I may have it sitting in the den and if I'm working at my PC I don't want to inadvertently start mousing/keyboarding on the RPi in another room. So for the RPi with the touchscreen I just start Synergy with a shortcut on the desktop when I have it sitting on my desk.

Another advantage is that it uses the mouse/driver of the server. On my WinPC (synergy server) I use a Logitech 518 mouse, so even if the mouse cursor is on the RPi screen I can change the dpi resolution and change the movement from really fast to incredibly slow just by pushing the DPI button on the mouse.

This is my current layout. Rpi is the one on my desk, it's to the far right. For the RPi with the touchscreen I move up from the server screen (ASROCK-27) to get to it.
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (49.27 KiB) Viewed 870 times

EatMyRasperryPi

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks for reply, i heard that in order for the raspbian and windows 10 to connect it needs to be an older version of Synergy.. i hope they update it regularly with security patches ect

kusti8

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:46 pm

EatMyRasperryPi wrote:Thanks for reply, i heard that in order for the raspbian and windows 10 to connect it needs to be an older version of Synergy.. i hope they update it regularly with security patches ect
They do, but it's easy enough to compile a newer version of Synergy for the Pi. Just Google for tutorials.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”