piplayer

Getting it working

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Can't get the display working.

1. Should it be recognised out of the box or do I need to enable it via software ?

2. Is there anything I can look for in DMESG to indicate it has been recognised by the OS ?

3. Do the 2 extra female to female jumper wires included in the display but not mentioned in the documentation need to be connected for the display to light up and show a sign of life.

4. Are these for the digitizer only ?

5. Are there any diagnostic LED's on the display controller board to indicate it has power ?

6. Normally I blow off the noobs software from the official the Raspberry Pi SD cards as I find that it confusing and that it makes bad assumptions however with this Pi I thought it would give it a go. Is there anything in noobs that would stop the display working ie forcing output to HDMI ?

7. Could enabling the camera or enabling SPI via raspi-config be creating a conflict.

I am using a new out-of-the box Pi that has had nothing run on it but raspi-config and upgrading yesterday to latest OS and packages.

Thanks,

Mike

gadgetoid

Re: Getting it working

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:44 pm

1. It depends on which version of the software you use. Grab the new Raspbian Jessie for everything-enabled-and-good-to-goness

2. Probably. lsmod should show a "rpi_ft5406" module for the touchscreen

3. Yes, connect the power supply to the display and use these cables from the 5V / GND of the driver board to power your Pi over GPIO

4. Oh you mean the EXTRA ones. They're only relevant if you have an old Model A or B. But the software isn't up to scratch for those yet anyway.

5. Nope! Unfortunately.

6. Use Raspbian Jessie.

7. Nope

See also: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/display/troubleshooting.md

Return to “Official Foundation Display”