hardtofigure

Official 7" touch screen

Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:06 pm

I am trying to use a new official 7 inch touch screen display with a raspi model B. The holes do not line up but I am using a case into which I have drilled mounting holes. I cannot get the display to light up. This is my second display so I am not sure whether it is the display or something strange about the raspberry pi.

Questions:
1. Should the display light up when the raspberry pi is not connected and power is applied only to the driver board?
2. When set up according to directions, the raspberry pi is powered through the driver and boots normally when connected thru the HDMI port, but nothing at all shows on the touch screen. Is it possible this is a backlight issue and am I doing something wrong?
3. Is there additional configuration that must be done?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hardtofigure

fruitoftheloom

Re: Official 7" touch screen

Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:28 am

hardtofigure wrote:I am trying to use a new official 7 inch touch screen display with a raspi model B. The holes do not line up but I am using a case into which I have drilled mounting holes. I cannot get the display to light up. This is my second display so I am not sure whether it is the display or something strange about the raspberry pi.

Questions:
1. Should the display light up when the raspberry pi is not connected and power is applied only to the driver board?
2. When set up according to directions, the raspberry pi is powered through the driver and boots normally when connected thru the HDMI port, but nothing at all shows on the touch screen. Is it possible this is a backlight issue and am I doing something wrong?
3. Is there additional configuration that must be done?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hardtofigure
See: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=120460
Retired disgracefully.....

hardtofigure

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Thank you for the link. It answered most of my questions. One other question: how does one know when the Foundation has acted on this.

fruitoftheloom

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:21 pm

hardtofigure wrote:Thank you for the link. It answered most of my questions. One other question: how does one know when the Foundation has acted on this.
You will have noticed the post was moved to the Official Display Section of the Forum, any announcements will appear in this section ;)
Retired disgracefully.....

Return to “Official Foundation Display”