W. H. Heydt

Issue with GUI raspi-config on 7" screen

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:21 am

I set up Raspbian Jessie on a Pi connected to an RPF 7" touchscreen. The window for picking the language configuration of the keyboard is too big. One can't get to the bottom of it to see any controls there. It needs to be scaled a bit smaller in the vertical direction.

rotwang

Re: Issue with GUI raspi-config on 7" screen

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:49 pm

W. H. Heydt wrote:I set up Raspbian Jessie on a Pi connected to an RPF 7" touchscreen. The window for picking the language configuration of the keyboard is too big. One can't get to the bottom of it to see any controls there. It needs to be scaled a bit smaller in the vertical direction.
Try holding down the "ALT" ket and dragging the window (click and hold inside the window). this should allow you to bring the rest of the window into view. By the way, there are any number of programs which don't bother to check the screen dimensions, and couldn't care less, they just generate a window of whatever size the programmer felt like at the time.

W. H. Heydt

Re: Issue with GUI raspi-config on 7" screen

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Thanks for the alt+drag tip.

While I'm sure that you're correct about lots of programs not checking screen size, it would be a good idea if this one did.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”