grendello

Touch coordinates inverted on Jessie with rotated screen (bo

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi,

I've just installed fresh Jessie image on rpi2 attached to the official display with the early adopter frame, so I had to configure it to rotate the screen. It appears that only the display itself is rotated, touch coordinates are reported inverted as if no rotation happened. It happens both in X and on the framebuffer with Kivy. Has anyone seen this? If yes, is there any fix?

procount

Re: Touch coordinates inverted on Jessie with rotated screen

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:13 pm

From Pimoroni website FAQ:

Note: An update has been pushed to Raspbian to flip the screen ( rotate it by 180 degrees ) for a better desktop viewing angle. This makes it upside-down in our stand, so you'll need to change a setting to flip it back.

To do this, open /boot/config.txt in your favourite editor and add the line:

lcd_rotate=2
This will rotate both the LCD and the touch coordinates back to the right rotation for our display stand.

Don't use the documented display_rotate, it performs a performance expensive rotation of the screen and does not rotate the touch input.
PINN - NOOBS with the extras... https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=142574

grendello

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:24 pm

That did the trick, thanks :)

sigpaw

Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:31 pm

May I propose that a new "commented out" entry be added to /boot/config.txt by default in the next release/update. i.e.

# uncomment to invert the official 7" display and touch coordinates
#lcd_rotate=2

Cheers!
:-)

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:57 pm

NO! doing so would make the original mistake (of writing the software for a display that is upside down from a perspective of viewing angle) a permanent fixture, for everybody in the future.
It would give makers of LCD display stands the incentive not to change their designs!
don't give out the wrong signal!

Return to “Official Foundation Display”