jhudson1977

Touch screen interface with MS Exchange

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm trying to look for projects in which someone has made one of the touch screens interface with a MS Exchange calendar. I'm not the strongest programmer but if I had base code to start with I can take it from there (sometimes :lol: ). I've seen the projects where this done with a Google calendar, but I'm trying to do this with a Resource calendar (like a conference room) with MS Exchange.

jhudson1977

Re: Touch screen interface with MS Exchange

Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Has no one tackled a project like this?

Dataworm

Re: Touch screen interface with MS Exchange

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:43 pm

MS Exchange is a very special project... I tried to connect to my exchange server from java. I found a provided library, but without documentation or any further support... I guess there might be much better libraries available for other programming languages, but I never tried or even searched for them.

I think the main problem is to find an open code which connects to exchange, reads the calendar data and displays those data in an own calendar implementation... Showing that information on the display shouldn't be that hard. But if you need examples for using MSX, you might better search in forums related to exchange instead of raspberry pi. For a library or specifications how to talk with exchange server, just start a search with the term "exchange web service".

Edit: If you are interested in using java (I somehow don't have a choice), I just saw that there seem to be big improvements regarding the java library:
https://blogs.office.com/2014/08/28/ope ... -java-api/

Return to “Official Foundation Display”