Hove

[RESOLVED] My official RPF 7" touch screen is touchy

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:55 am

The touch on my display usually stops working less than a minute after boot. I _think_ this is due to a case I'd bought putting pressure on the touch sensor chip. But before I chase this up with the manufacturers, I'd like to know if any others see this?

To be clear, touch works on boot, but fails within a minute and there's no way I've found to retrieve it short of a full power down / up.
Last edited by Hove on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
www.pistuffing.co.uk - Raspberry Pi and other stuffing!

fruitoftheloom

Re: Touchy touch screen

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:24 am

Hove wrote:The touch on my display usually stops working less than a minute after boot. I _think_ this is due to a case I'd bought putting pressure on the touch sensor chip. But before I chase this up with the manufacturers, I'd like to know if any others see this?

To be clear, touch works on boot, but fails within a minute and there's no way I've found to retrieve it short of a full power down / up.
To clarify, is this the Official RPF 7" Touch Screen :?:
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

Hove

Re: Touchy touch screen

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:35 am

Yes, this is the official RPF 7" touch screen display - I've updated the title. Thanks

PeterO

Re: My official RPF 7" touch screen is touchy

Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:30 am

Have you updated the firmware by running rpi-update ? Your symptoms sound like those produced by the bug in the initial release of the touch screen code.
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=120565

PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

Hove

Re: My official RPF 7" touch screen is touchy

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:03 am

Thanks PeterO - firmware and lcd_rotate=2 has worked - my piPad is going to the CotswoldJam tomorrow so it + Florence are bound to get a thorough testing - I'll report back whether it survives.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”