john4663

Almost perfect case for 7" display

Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:23 pm

My 7 inch touchscreen arrived from Farnell yesterday, and I must say I'm pretty impressed !

I also ordered the Multicomp case (farnell item code 2494691) which has arrived today.

Easy to fit, looks great and is almost perfect !!

The problem is that it rocks on the tabletop & it's almost impossible to use the touchscreen because of this. I'm going to try adding some sort of "feet" to it to remedy the situation.

Has anyone else got one of these & have they got the same problem, and more importantly, do they have a solution ?

W. H. Heydt

Re: Almost perfect case for 7" display

Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:10 am

john4663 wrote:My 7 inch touchscreen arrived from Farnell yesterday, and I must say I'm pretty impressed !

I also ordered the Multicomp case (farnell item code 2494691) which has arrived today.

Easy to fit, looks great and is almost perfect !!

The problem is that it rocks on the tabletop & it's almost impossible to use the touchscreen because of this. I'm going to try adding some sort of "feet" to it to remedy the situation.

Has anyone else got one of these & have they got the same problem, and more importantly, do they have a solution ?
That's rather like the issue I had with some of the early Pi cases (and some current as well). Somehow, a $47 case for a $60 display seems...out of line.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”