kkappy5

Help with MagPi step 13 from book

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:57 am

Hi, I'm a total newbie to Raspberry Pi - 1st time using it and I'm not a programmer. I am using a Raspberry Pi 3b with the voice kit (no version listed). I have followed the book up through to page 45 and step 13. I saw on the forums that the directory was changed to src/examples/voice/ and I can see stuff in this directory (assistant_library_demo.py shows up in green), but I can't get it to do anything. When I type in src/assistant_library_demo.py, I get "No such file or directory". I don't really know any Python, so I'm confused.

Also, I tried looking at the updates and they indicated I should use the secure shell extension to make entries to the API. I couldn't get this to work since my ip address had some weird stuff like 234/24 at the end of it that seemed to not make sense. But I just update the api through the raspberry pi Chromium interface. Was this wrong? It seems to have updated my credential like it says in the book.

I would appreciate any help you can give on this.
Thanks!

kkappy5

Re: Help with MagPi step 13 from book

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:20 am

Nevermind! I figured it out. On page 45, the path should be entered:
src/examples/voice/assistant_library_demo.py

Got this wrong before since I'm totally new to this. Psyched to have it up and working!

bensimmo

Re: Help with MagPi step 13 from book

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:30 am

Excellent,
Which MagPi issue is this or Getting Started book is it.

No version is the big Square HAT (aka v1)

Also once you get going, there is a forum section for talk.
viewforum.php?f=114

Return to “The MagPi”