nikki_81
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 pm

magpi magazine stockists ?

Fri May 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi can anyone please tell me what shops stock the magpi magazine. I have been all over manchester today looking for a copy.

Thanks Nikki x

Sanddancer75
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Fri May 05, 2017 6:20 pm

This might help: The MagPi 57 stock locations - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing

I wish I'd known about it yesterday.

scotty101
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Fri May 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Saw a few in Sainsburys
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

nikki_81
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Fri May 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Thanks thats brilliant. I will have to pop out in the morning and see it there are any left !


Thanks Nikki x

nikki_81
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Sat May 06, 2017 9:31 pm

I spent most of the day looking for a copy but everywhere was unfortunately sold out. Are there any plans to sell the voice hat in the future ?

Thanks Nikki x

pillock
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Sun May 07, 2017 7:49 pm

My advice is to think of less "geeky" locations.
For example, I went to two stores in Leicester, both stocked it but had sold out (Sainsburys and WH Smith).

I went to a small town further afield (Ashby) which I wouldn't suggest has much call for tinkering with little computers, the hobbies there seem to be getting drunk and fighting. Regardless, Tesco Extra had three copies on the shelf - so I bought two!

User avatar
Burngate
Posts: 6057
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:34 pm
Location: Berkshire UK Tralfamadore
Contact: Website

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Mon May 08, 2017 9:28 am

Ashby sounds remarkably like Ascot, other than we also have horse racing.
But, unlike Ashby-de-la-Zouch-beside-the-Sea, none of the nearby Tescos had it. The small one in the high street, Martin's Heron, Warfield, The Meadows, ... - zilch. Irritating.

Stepbak
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Mon May 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Amazingly, today (22/05/17) I sighted (and didn't buy) a copy of Magpi 57 on the magazine rack at Tesco's, Roborough, Plymouth!

BMS Doug
Posts: 3824
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:42 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Wed May 24, 2017 11:01 am

pillock wrote:My advice is to think of less "geeky" locations.
For example, I went to two stores in Leicester, both stocked it but had sold out (Sainsburys and WH Smith).

I went to a small town further afield (Ashby) which I wouldn't suggest has much call for tinkering with little computers, the hobbies there seem to be getting drunk and fighting. Regardless, Tesco Extra had three copies on the shelf - so I bought two!
Ashby de la Zouch has a large Schneider office building, I've been there for training courses, plenty of geeks there.
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

pillock
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Mon May 29, 2017 12:35 pm

BMS Doug wrote:
Ashby de la Zouch has a large Schneider office building, I've been there for training courses, plenty of geeks there.
OK, then they have geeks that missed out on the magazine ;)

BMS Doug
Posts: 3824
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:42 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Mon May 29, 2017 10:05 pm

pillock wrote:
BMS Doug wrote:
Ashby de la Zouch has a large Schneider office building, I've been there for training courses, plenty of geeks there.
OK, then they have geeks that missed out on the magazine ;)
Probably accelerating as quickly as possible away from Ashby de la Zouch.
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

AJB2K3
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: magpi magazine stockists ?

Tue May 30, 2017 8:21 pm

BMS Doug wrote:
pillock wrote:
BMS Doug wrote:
Ashby de la Zouch has a large Schneider office building, I've been there for training courses, plenty of geeks there.
OK, then they have geeks that missed out on the magazine ;)
Probably accelerating as quickly as possible away from Ashby de la Zouch.
Wait, are you telling me that there are shops in Ashby?
I just drive around it as a shortcut to Darby!
Back in the old days, we were smarter then the technology.
Nowadays technology makes us look like villages fools in front of the children!

Return to “The MagPi”