flipper33

what to do with a damaged zero.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:35 am

a while ago i took out a subscription to te mag pi magazine just to get issue 40 with a free pi zero, it would have been cheaper to buy a zero off ebay at the time, i thought i was helping those who developed it by buying a legit version, what a mistake that was, i`ve sent 2 emails about my zero being damaged and not working when i got it, and they have ignored me, now i wish to take legal action to recover my money for a subscription i never needed, i no longer care about the zero anymore, i won`t say where they can put it but i`m sure you know what i mean, do i send it to trading standards and let them investigate or should i contact a solicitor and watch the costs rise, what should i do about a damaged non working raspberry pi zero.

RaTTuS

Re: what to do with a damaged zero.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:41 am

which email did you send it to ?
and what is damaged about it
and where in the world are you
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

scotty101

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:11 am

You bought a subscription to a magazine which you are receiving.
It had a free gift of a Pi Zero. You didn't buy a Pi Zero so I'm not sure whether usual distance buying laws will apply.
I don't think a solicitor will come anywhere near your case.
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 pm

also, I very much doubt your zero is defective at all, just the fact that you cannot get it to work is NOT proof it is defective.

fruitoftheloom

Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:14 am

flipper33 wrote:a while ago i took out a subscription to te mag pi magazine just to get issue 40 with a free pi zero, it would have been cheaper to buy a zero off ebay at the time, i thought i was helping those who developed it by buying a legit version, what a mistake that was, i`ve sent 2 emails about my zero being damaged and not working when i got it, and they have ignored me, now i wish to take legal action to recover my money for a subscription i never needed, i no longer care about the zero anymore, i won`t say where they can put it but i`m sure you know what i mean, do i send it to trading standards and let them investigate or should i contact a solicitor and watch the costs rise, what should i do about a damaged non working raspberry pi zero.
Send it to Pi Towers and just feel happy you have donated something for the cost of a couple of quid Postage :D
Retired disgracefully.....

stderr

Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:46 am

flipper33 wrote:to take legal action to recover my money for a subscription i never needed, i no longer care about the zero anymore, i won`t say where they can put it but i`m sure you know what i mean, do i send it to trading standards and let them investigate or should i contact a solicitor and watch the costs rise, what should i do about a damaged non working raspberry pi zero.
If you are going to try to troll legal action, you really should pile on and claim that the lack of free disk space right when you started, even though you used a 64 zillion terabyte flash card, caused fire to shoot out of the USB ports and burned down your barn which you used to house your thoroughbred ponies which would likely win next year's Triple Crown and your America's Cup Yacht which at worst could've been used to ram whatever it was that Larry Ellison put in this time. Then you'd have had a case. As it is, all you have is zero damages.

Return to “The MagPi”