Ubicray

Wrong format: Separator '|' is missing.'.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:37 pm

There is a weird error when trying to deploy an app to my raspberry
Wrong format: Separator '|' is missing.'.
Without showing any code in particular

ricl

Re: Wrong format: Separator '|' is missing.'.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:23 pm

That usually occurs if all the components are not up to date.

FAQ 117. What is the 'right' order to install VS etc.

From MS notes.

1. Make sure you are running the public release of Windows 10 (version 10.0.10586) or better.
2. Install Visual Studio Community 2015
3. or Update Visual Studio 2015 to U1
4. Validate your Visual Studio installation
5. Install Windows IoT Core Project Templates
6. Enable developer mode
7. Add the SDK (https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads/windows-10-sdk)
ricl : F/gamma = ma : Law ii(a) : https://climatedatablog.wordpress.com/2016/01/02/an-energy-challenge-2016/ #AnEnergyChallenge2016

Ubicray

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:09 pm

ricl wrote:That usually occurs if all the components are not up to date.
Every component is at its last version. Haven't had the issue before, started afterwards.

ricl

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:56 pm

Hmm. I gave my previous response as a 'hail mary' because nothing else was working on the MS IoT site on the same question and it worked there. But then again, no clue really if it will work for you.
ricl : F/gamma = ma : Law ii(a) : https://climatedatablog.wordpress.com/2016/01/02/an-energy-challenge-2016/ #AnEnergyChallenge2016

harthenry

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:59 am

same problem here -- using Windows 10 Candidate Release on PI 3. This issue "Error : DEP6701 : Bootstrapping failed with unexpected error: 'Wrong format: Separator '|' is missing." started after a failed/botch build. Once the build failed, I was no longer able to build the app. I deleted the BIN/Obj file, rebooted the PI, still nothing.

mjmeans

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:20 pm

I had this problem too last week using the developer preview. The cause is shutting down the Pi while the app is running. This can leave Windows IoT in a unstable state with respect to app loading. Unfortunately this kind of thing is required if you have a hung app that has hung so badly that the putty and web interface is also unavailable. I have had to shut down the Pi dozens of times like this when developing my app. The first boot each time after one of these "power-off without shutting down" events caused Windows IoT to go through a SDCARD chkdsk process. Whether that causes the app loading to subsequently fail is apparently a luck of the draw. Only once in my case did it cause this app deploy issue. So my impression is that the risk is perhaps 1 in 50 that this could happen.

I haven't been able to identify the specific problem and what I did to fix is was just re-image the SD card with a fresh copy of Window IoT. I know Microsoft knows about this issue. And it's important that they make the system more robust following unexpected power loss in order to be a competitive alternative to Raspian and other IoT OS's that have been out for seeral years. Windows IoT is still very new and many features are still essentially in beta (like no optimization at all for the GPU), but I have every confidence that a future update will improve this situation if there is continued community interest. The best thing to do is post about your experience on other sites. Sometimes you get lucky and an actual DEV sees it and makes it his personal project.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”