yasharne

no output for VGA screen

Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi,
I have recently installed windows 10 IOT, I don`t have a hdmi screen so I used HDMI to VGA convertor which worked fine with raspbian and arch but now I don`t get any output by this converter in windows 10, is there any way to fix it?
Thanks

markrad_msft

Re: no output for VGA screen

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi,
Unfortunately Win10 IoT on the RPi2 will not drive a HDMI to VGA conversion. HDMI to DVI will work. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
Mark Radbourne | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

DougieLawson

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:46 pm

If you can get that stuff running with Raspbian you can copy the /boot/config.txt settings to a WinIoT SDCard and get it working with Windows. It's a pain in the tail to do that but it's not impossible. I had to override the HDMI settings that way to get WinIoT running with my 1366x768 DVI-D monitor.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

yasharne

Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:33 am

markrad_msft wrote:Hi,
Unfortunately Win10 IoT on the RPi2 will not drive a HDMI to VGA conversion. HDMI to DVI will work. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
So is it gonna fix or there is no plan to drive HDMI to VGA conversion?

yasharne

Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:21 am

DougieLawson wrote:If you can get that stuff running with Raspbian you can copy the /boot/config.txt settings to a WinIoT SDCard and get it working with Windows. It's a pain in the tail to do that but it's not impossible. I had to override the HDMI settings that way to get WinIoT running with my 1366x768 DVI-D monitor.
thanks for your advice, now I can get output but it has a very bad graphic quality, is it possible to post your config file?

DougieLawson

Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:25 am

yasharne wrote:
DougieLawson wrote:If you can get that stuff running with Raspbian you can copy the /boot/config.txt settings to a WinIoT SDCard and get it working with Windows. It's a pain in the tail to do that but it's not impossible. I had to override the HDMI settings that way to get WinIoT running with my 1366x768 DVI-D monitor.
thanks for your advice, now I can get output but it has a very bad graphic quality, is it possible to post your config file?
My config file is gone because my RPi2B is back to running Raspbian.

Code: Select all

# Set monitor mode to DMT
hdmi_group=2
# Set monitor resolution to 1366x768 XGA 60Hz 
hdmi_mode=81
Docs are here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... fig-txt.md
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

markrad_msft

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:32 pm

yasharne wrote:So is it gonna fix or there is no plan to drive HDMI to VGA conversion?
The product group declined to comment if this was to be fixed or if this is how it will stay.
Mark Radbourne | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

DougieLawson

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:35 pm

markrad_msft wrote:
yasharne wrote:So is it gonna fix or there is no plan to drive HDMI to VGA conversion?
The product group declined to comment if this was to be fixed or if this is how it will stay.
It's a GPU firmware problem not a problem with your funky Win10 OS. There could be some value in refreshing those Raspberry Pi Foundation pieces that exist in the boot partition on a Win IoT SDCard.

Mehdi zavari

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:37 am

Open config.txt file on sd ram that windows 10 iot core isntalled then insert this code it below:

Code: Select all

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_mode=###compatible with your screen ###
hdmi_drive=2
Hdmi_mode should be correct value
Insert codes next line old codes in config file

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”