samusaki

barcode scanner not working

Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:22 pm

I have a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, my scanner doesn't work in Windows 10 Core IOT.

When I focus a textbox and scan a barcode, nothing happens. I also tried added KeyDown event for the textbox, so that I see in debugger when a key is pressed. The USB keyboard works, but scanning does not. How can I enable this barcode scanner ?

Maybe you have any tutorials for porting driver ?

My question on superuser:
http://superuser.com/questions/923259/s ... rry-pi-2-w

markrad_msft

Re: barcode scanner not working

Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:48 pm

You don't mention the make and model of the scanner. Currently there is a very small number of USB devices that are supported. The list can be found here: http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/w ... herals.htm.
However, if you can put your scanner into HID (human interface device) mode then it will effectively look like a keyboard to Win10 IoT and should work.
Mark Radbourne | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

samusaki

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:10 am

A say about the model in my superuser question. Symbol Technologies LS2208 USB, it is HID in windows 10 pc, or windows 8.1.
-_____________________________________________-update
Problem solved by hotplugin usb scanner after Pi booted.

markrad_msft

Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi samusaki,
Thank you for posting your solution. I will let the product group know what you have found. It would appear the device is not properly recognized during boot.
Mark Radbourne | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”