farhanahmedsyed

windows 10 installation

Thu May 21, 2015 3:32 am

Hi I am new in Raspberry Pi and i installed linux on that, actually i want to install windows 10 ioT, Can you please tell me steps so that i can install on top of linux?

Thanks

fruitoftheloom

Re: windows 10 installation

Thu May 21, 2015 8:16 am

farhanahmedsyed wrote:Hi I am new in Raspberry Pi and i installed linux on that, actually i want to install windows 10 ioT, Can you please tell me steps so that i can install on top of linux?

Thanks
You can not you must use Windows IoT Core as a Standalone Install as it is a development platform

https://ms-iot.github.io/content/GetStarted.htm
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

rpdom

Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 am

The great thing about the Raspberry Pi is that everything is stored on the SD card. So you can change operating system by booting with a different card.

You can put Linux on one card and the Windows test system on another.

Heater

Thu May 21, 2015 10:57 pm

@farhanahmedsyed

I guess you cannot install Windows IoT "on top of linux", Unless you mean replacing Linux altogether.

@rpdom,

In order to swap an SD card in a Pi for one with Windows IoT you first have to have an SD card with Windows IoT on it.

Which brings us back to the opening post I guess...

GerritV

Fri May 22, 2015 11:44 pm

farhanahmedsyed wrote:Hi I am new in Raspberry Pi and i installed linux on that, actually i want to install windows 10 ioT, Can you please tell me steps so that i can install on top of linux?

Thanks
There are a bunch of threads here describing how to load the WinIoT image onto an SD card. If your question is 'how do I do this from Linux' then I _think_ there might have been a solution provided but I don't remember. If you have a PC running Windows (7, 8, 10 preview), then for certain those threads will walk you through the process. And of course there is the official page: http://ms-iot.github.io/content/win10/SetupRPI.htm

Gerrit

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”