Shep

Anyone know of applicable libraries?

Fri May 15, 2015 1:26 am

Now that I've got everything squared away and ready to develop, I was wondering what libraries were available for Win10 IoT that would allow:

1 - Samba shares on external drives
2 - Git server (for hosting repositories)
3 - Email server (preferably Exchange)

I've come across Kudu for #2, but it appears to run on IIS, something that I'm not entirely certain is part of the IoT part of Windows. There appear to be quite a few IMAP/SMTP servers written in C# out there, but I'm having trouble finding an Exchange one.

Does anyone know of and/or use libraries like this?

mikronauts

Re: Anyone know of applicable libraries?

Fri May 15, 2015 1:49 am

Umm... you do realize that Win10 IoT is meant for "Internet of Things" devices?

That it is not intended to be a server?
http://Mikronauts.com - home of EZasPi, RoboPi, Pi Rtc Dio and Pi Jumper @Mikronauts on Twitter
Advanced Robotics, I/O expansion and prototyping boards for the Raspberry Pi

GerritV

Fri May 15, 2015 2:05 am

Shep wrote:Now that I've got everything squared away and ready to develop, I was wondering what libraries were available for Win10 IoT that would allow:

1 - Samba shares on external drives
2 - Git server (for hosting repositories)
3 - Email server (preferably Exchange)

I've come across Kudu for #2, but it appears to run on IIS, something that I'm not entirely certain is part of the IoT part of Windows. There appear to be quite a few IMAP/SMTP servers written in C# out there, but I'm having trouble finding an Exchange one.

Does anyone know of and/or use libraries like this?
Mnn, you are looking at full applications, not libraries? There are opensource Exchange clones (although many require fees for key plugins), git is opensource and Samba, I am surprised after your experiences with that this year that it would be on your list at all :-)

As mikronaut indicates, WinIoT on RPi is intended for IoT things and similar embedded projects. It can probably do much more than that but your list is likely beyond its intent.

Gerrit

markrad_msft

Fri May 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi Shep,
http://windowsondevices.com will give you a better perspective about the types of applications Win 10 IoT has been designed to address. This is not an OS that you would select to run an email server for example.
Mark Radbourne | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”