Page 1 of 1

visual studio 2015 deploy error [solved]

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:55 pm
by ric96
i am trying to deploy an app on pi2 (works well locally) but i get the following error:

Code: Select all

Error occurred while restoring NuGet packages: The method or operation is not implemented.
1>------ Deploy started: Project: App4.Windows, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
1>Error: Unable to connect to the Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor named 'minwinpc'.  The remote debugger is not an acceptable version.
========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:22 pm
by tohipfortheroom
Have you tried just manually uploading the files via the browser?

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:38 pm
by ric96
tohipfortheroom wrote:Have you tried just manually uploading the files via the browser?
No, how do i do that.

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:52 pm
by tohipfortheroom
Open up your favorite browser,

Login on by typing raspberry pi's IP address into search, should launch the Microsoft remote app for the pi, then click on where it says "Apps" then you just upload all the files you need for your app, then press deploy

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:11 am
by ric96
now i get this :(

Code: Select all

Error source: Package.appxmanifest

Error code: 0x80073cf0

Possible cause: unsigned package or missing certificate

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:41 am
by DougieLawson
Is the date/time set correctly on your RPi?

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:02 am
by ric96
DougieLawson wrote:Is the date/time set correctly on your RPi?
I'll have to check but mst probably i don't have the certificate file. So i create that on vb.

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:28 pm
by pauldy
I'm having the same issues, this trusted computing stuff is for the birds with an embedded device like this. Did you even figure out where the cert was or do you have to use a store signed cert?

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:43 pm
by pauldy
I just needed to rethink the evolution of this and what I was really doing. SoI went to project, store and create app package. From here I was able to create the files needed. They are located in AppPackages in the root of your project root.

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:20 pm
by ric96
pauldy wrote:I just needed to rethink the evolution of this and what I was really doing. SoI went to project, store and create app package. From here I was able to create the files needed. They are located in AppPackages in the root of your project root.
same issue :(

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:23 pm
by ric96
DougieLawson wrote:Is the date/time set correctly on your RPi?
yes it is

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:19 pm
by pwinwood
Have you enabled your Windows 10 computer for development using the Group Policy editor

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/wind ... roupPolicy

?

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:27 am
by ric96
pwinwood wrote:Have you enabled your Windows 10 computer for development using the Group Policy editor

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/wind ... roupPolicy

?
Dud it, still not working.

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:27 am
by pauldy
You might have to post pictures of what you are seeing, as I was seeing the exact thing you were until I realized you had to deploy using the store and select the files it built. I have pushes several of the out but still can't get anything else to work properly.

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:33 am
by ric96
pauldy wrote:You might have to post pictures of what you are seeing, as I was seeing the exact thing you were until I realized you had to deploy using the store and select the files it built. I have pushes several of the out but still can't get anything else to work properly.
As of now i am trying to reinstall everything thing, it being windows, this might work......will get back to you with the screen shots.

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:05 am
by ric96
Reinstalled every thing ..... WORKED !!!!

Re: visual studio 2015 deploy error [solved]

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:42 pm
by UndergroundFun
I was getting this same error.

Restarting the Pi, then deploying the application solved the issue for me.